Mysterious small problems w/my MacBook - do they all equal a larger one?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nickpro, Jan 21, 2011.

1. nickpro macrumors regular

Hello,

I am running Snow Leopard on a 2007 2.16 White MacBook w/2 GB of Ram. I have recently been encountering some odd problems that I was hoping someone on here could help me with.

The first is my computer will randomly restart on me out of nowhere. A couple times is has happened when I was away from the computer for a short time, a couple times it has happened while I was in the middle of browsing safari.

The second is my Twitter app (downloaded from the Mac App Store last week) always shows all of my growl notifications for every mention and direct message I have ever gotten every time I power my computer on and start the app.

The third problem I can actually link to an event. Last week I used my computer for a PowerPoint presentation. As always, the screen resolution expanded or whatever in order for the screen image to be projected onto the screen. This also resized all of my app windows to smaller sizes. This has happened before other times but all I would need to do is expand the windows to their normal sizes. I did it to all my main apps (mail, calendar, safari, etc.) and they all stayed at their correct size except for iTunes. No matter how many times I expand it to its "normal" size, it always reverts to the small cramped size that it went to when I used my computer with the projector - very odd. Also I tried loading some mp3s onto my iPod and it was extremely difficult to drag/drop - very slow/rainbow ball. I only succeeded in loading 5 mp3s before I force quitted the app and ejected the iPod from the finder.

The twitter problem may have happened after the presentation as well, I'm not entirely sure. The random restart problem started happening well before the presentation. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

My iMac does this. I have never worked out why, however I have never looked into fixing it.

3. nickpro thread starter macrumors regular

^^^
    thanks for the response, looks like an isolated incident.