mysterious white macbook part

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jiawe, Jan 8, 2014.

  1. jiawe macrumors newbie

    Jan 8, 2014
    On disassembly of my macbook mid 2007 a funny little white part fell out.

    I searched the whole internet to no avail..
    Who can help me, where does this fellow belong?
    It has a circle with the following stated: "n2-5"

    Thank you for any help.

    Attached Files:

  2. g4manimac macrumors 6502

    Jan 22, 2013
    It goes around the hinge on the display assembly I wanna say in the lower case on the bottom side where the 3 screws go to screw the hinge onto the lower case if not somewhere on the display hinge just can't remember exactly where I have a lot of those models and I got a ton of those laying around (I never put them back in )
  3. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

    May 9, 2010
    Amsterdam, NL
    This is indeed a part that attaches to the right hinge of the screen.
    It attaches on the lower casing by just sliding in on the hinge.

    See the following photo where I point out the specific part:

  4. Altemose macrumors G3


    Mar 26, 2013
    Elkton, Maryland
    To reinstall the part just remove the top case. Shouldn't be too hard at all to do again.

Share This Page