Mystery apps appear from nowhere, pic inside

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jpro, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jpro macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I just had something strange happen to my iphone. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0. The phone is jailbroken.

I checked the app store for updates and had two of them. I hit update all and the phone began downloading the updates. I shifted to my second page of apps to check the progress and out of nowhere I see the following apps:

[​IMG]

Pressing any of the white washed apps brings up either a black or white screen but nothing happens. Pressing the ipod+nike app does nothing. I cannot delete any of the apps when pressing and holding.

Has anyone else had this problem? They seemed to appear only after running the updates in the app store. I am going to try to see how I can get rid of these... very bizarre

2. dojoman macrumors 65816

You better restore the phone and remove JB to be safe.

3. LaeeqB macrumors newbie

I think you may have either been hacked or experienced a glitch. Either way, a restore is probably your best bet.

4. mfillhart macrumors member

I've gotten that twice myself, just a simple restart of the phone makes them go away