Mystery buy off of eBay blurry image clue help?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by appleish19, Jan 14, 2016.

1. appleish19 macrumors regular

appleish19

Hey everyone,

That's right I just bought another Power Mac G5 off of eBay.:oops: I know that it's a late 2005 model but do not have the specific submodel.

I do have a picture of the specs on the inside of the case but it is a bit blurry. Does anyone here know how to either sharpen or decipher this image? Tried using pixel Mater but I am not proficient with it enough.
    Any guesses? :D

Attached Files:

2. reddrag0n macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

Any other pictures of the machine, other than the one you posted? maybe an inside shot of the heatsink or anything that might give a clue to which machine it is.

3. PKBeam macrumors regular

PKBeam

the serial numbers are so blurry they're undecipherable. there's nothing you can do to make it legible. sometimes when you load a photo, you're provided a low quality version while it loads the full pic. maybe double check the source of the picture, click open in new tab...

4. appleish19 thread starter macrumors regular

appleish19

I don't have it quite yet. But I guess I will have to wait until it gets here. I know it's either a late 2005 dual core 2.0 2.3 or quad. As I recall the differences are pretty hard to spot in less you take off the G5 metal portion?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2016 ---
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg

5. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Based upon the logic board PN, it's either a Dual 2.0 or a Dual 2.3

6. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

Wow @appleish19, you're on a G5 collecting binge! Congrats on the purchase, agree with MacCubed, the LB part number definitely points at 2 or 2.3.

7. appleish19 thread starter macrumors regular

appleish19

I know. I actually purchased this one before the one I found locally. So I may have an extra 2.3. Maybe it's a 2.0 so I can have a full late 2005 collection. :D
    --- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2016 ---
    Thanks a lot.:)

8. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Another way you can tell is the way that the plastic thing to the right of the ram, and on the side of the whole G5/heatsink thing. It looks different between the Quad and the DC models. I don't know what it's called, so I'm trying to describe it the best I can!

9. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

If you end up with a spare 2.3 that you don't want, keep me in mind ;)