Mystery "datel" file keeps reappearing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tyler23, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Under Documents in Finder, a document titled "datel" keeps appearing. I have no idea what it is, what it pertains to, or how to get rid of it. I put it in the trash, then empty it (normally and I've tried secure empty as well).

Anyone have any ideas as to what it may be? it's freaking me out.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Do you have any software on your computer, that you use to transfer files to and from your game console?

3. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't even have a game console.

The only things I ever connect with my MBP are my iPod Touch and my External HDD. And I've been using both of those for a long time and have never seen this file before.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

There has got to be something installed and running (whether you remember installing it or not) to keep building that file. Google that file, and you will see what I mean.
    I would probably look at login items, System Prefs>Accounts>login Items, and the activity monitor to find out what it is.

5. jcmeyer23 macrumors newbie

Did you ever figure out where the datel file is coming from and a solution to preventing it from reappearing? I am having the same issue with no luck on google.

Thanks.

6. amadeusamadeus, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

amadeusamadeus macrumors newbie

Same issue here. I am suspicious that it's being cause by one of my purchased games from the app store, but I haven't had time to test it out.

***update*** The cause for me is the game Asphalt 6. Launching the game after putting datel in the trash is making the datel file reappear in the documents folder.