Mystery icon in ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by .Chris, Jul 20, 2008.

1. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

This happens not to often but sometimes if I'm listen to music or watching a movie and I swipe my finger a certain way on the screen I get the apple volume icon.

it would take me forever to find a way to get it back and snap a pic so heres a image from google.

[​IMG]

Ignore the mac OSX 10.1 in the background. I'm talking about the volume control icon

anyone know why this happens?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

yes, it's because apple is lazy. This glitch has existed since the iPod touch was first introduced. What firmware are you running? anyway it's just a left over icon from the iPhone (this appears when you adjust volume using the buttons on the side of the phone) and a glitch in the iPod brings it up.

Attached Files:

3. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Not a glitch, and it's not leftover, It's for when the iPod is connected to the Universal Dock and when you use the remote to change the volume that comes up.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well that may be true, but you can bring it up through a glitch. If you double tap the home button and you adjust the volume and continue to move the volume control, then tap the home button or the close button often times that graphic appears. That's what I did to get that attached picture.

5. qacjared macrumors regular

Those instructions reset my spring-broad!

6. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Well, it's sort of a glitch. There are just different ways to bring it up without the dock.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

it's actually easier to do on the Slide to Unlock screen. just double tap the home button, move the volume slider and simultaneously press the home button twice. But you can't take screenshots on that screen for some reason.

8. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

There are already several posts discussing this topic already, but none have listed the pointers you gave on how to make it appear. Thanks! :)

9. .Chris thread starter macrumors 6502a

.Chris

how do u take a screenshot

10. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Hold the Sleep Button then press the Home Button. The screen will flash white and the screen shot will be saved to your camera roll.

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I've mentioned how to do it a few times ;) :p