Mystery unread iMessage

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by spaceballl, Oct 15, 2013.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi There,

Yesterday while I was typing an iMessage, my iPhone blue-screened and rebooted. The apparent side effect is now I have a mystery "unread" imessage somewhere. Can someone help me fix this? The icon has a "1" on it, but i've scrolled all the way through all of my messages, and nothing has a blue dot to the left of it...

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The Messages database may have become slightly corrupted. You could try force quitting Messages and restarting your device. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest deleting saved conversations until it goes away or removing all of the conversations. It may also fix itself over time.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I've done the force quit / restart a few times. Re: restart, iPhone has restarted itself plenty of times haha - iOS7 isn't very stable. I'm not going to delete the SMS history... pretty important - bummer!

4. PCL23 macrumors newbie

Hi

Try asking Siri to read your unread messages. This solved a similar problem for me when I could not find an unread message.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Great suggestion - i really thought it was going to work... Siri told me I had no unknown so it looks like the DB has corrupted. It isn't a mystery unread message.

Boo.

#ios7woescontinue