Mystic classic on the internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by luxor, Feb 28, 2008.

1. luxor macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Classic "Mystic" with an LC 575 board. I bot a Netgear me101 wireless ethernet bridge and I've been trying to use it to get internet to the machine. The me101 works find when I try it on a windows laptop. I have 7.5.5 and 0T 1.1.2 on the Mac.

The only thing I can think of is that the me101 needs to use a crossover cable and the Mac doesn't recognize the crossover cable. If anyone has a similar setup, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, I used to be able to get internet on the mac when I had DSL. I used to connect it to my router directly with a regular CAT5 cable, configured DHCP on OT and was able to load pages pages iCab.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Macs LC's had no need for a crossover cable, that was only needed for PC's I thought. Why use the Bridge? Don't you have a router?

3. luxor thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have a router, but the mac is on the second floor of my house and I don't have cables running up there. So the wireless bridge is supposed to get an IP from my wireless router and, thru a crossover cable, deliver internet to any device (such as another computer or even an XBox).

I tested the bridge with my windows laptop and it worked fine, but for some reason doesn't work on the Mac.