Mythology based icons

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dllavaneras, Dec 22, 2007.

1. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

I have been looking for Greek mythology based icons for quite a while now, to no avail. I have 3 hard drives (named Gaia, Hades and Kronos), and two iPods (named Prometheus and Apollo). I have been searching al over the web, starting at interfacelift.com, and found nothing. Do you guys know of any mythology based icons that would match my current drive names?

This is also a long shot, but if anyone knows of any icons from God Of War (a greek mythology based PS2 game), they would also be very welcome. :)

Thanks in advance!

2. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Very cool! Sorry I don't know where you can find such icons, but I hope you do. Great idea. Good luck! :)

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

4. dllavaneras thread starter macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Yes, I could, but I haven't found images that I liked for my icons :(

5. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
  6. dllavaneras thread starter macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Thanks! They look good, although I was looking more for the personification of those mythological beings than the constellations. I really like the way the creators of God Of War portrayed these beings, although I'm open to suggestions if anyone else has ideas for icons that have to do with the names given. :)

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

My post is quite tangential, for which I apologize, but I was at the University of New Mexico recently, and their children's hospital was recently renovated. They had lots of mythos-based iconography -- they assigned mythological icons to different locations in the hospital and used them in maps and so on. It was mostly sort of general mythology -- the kinds of archetypes that appear in many cultures -- but I thought it was very interesting. It was all done quite tastefully.

Anyway, good luck with the search. If you have luck, I'd love to see the results. :)

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

All I could find were Egyptian and archeology based icons:

http://www.iconarchive.com/category/culture/egypt-icons-by-iconmuseo.html

I like the idea though. Mine have pretentious sounding names, also Greek or Latin mostly, but I try to stay away from Gods and just use hdd icons from Iconfactory. I'd go with making your own too. It's not that hard. Look for some pics on Google images, then use a freeware program.