MyWi 4.0 Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DavisEngeler, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DavisEngeler macrumors member

DavisEngeler

Posted in the wrong section originally.
    --
    Hey guys. I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 and got the trial for MyWi 4.0. It seems to be working great for everything other than my Windows 7 laptop.

It's running 64bit Windows 7, and whenever I try to connect to the iPhone running MyWi, it asks for the WEP key (as it should) but then sits there trying to connect a while before failing. It happens every time I've tried it, including after a reboot of both devices.

It works perfectly when giving wifi to my iMac or my friend's iPod Touch.

I really need it to work with this computer since it's the only one I'd use it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Davis.

2. sc1 macrumors newbie

Windows 64 MyWi = No Luck

I have the same problem. I have tested the MyWi with OSX and Windows XP and it works great. On the windows 7 64bit laptop, it will not connect. The USB tethering will work, but that is it.

I have tried with and without wep, and truing off IPv6. Really want to get it working. This was the main reason for the jailbreak.

3. smacman macrumors 6502

Try setting the wireless connection up manually win Win7. Make sure that "Shared Key" is selected.

4. sc1 macrumors newbie

Shared Key does not fix

Thanks, unfortunately it still does not work. To use shared key I need to set up wep. I tried, but same outcome.

5. DavisEngeler thread starter macrumors member

DavisEngeler

Where exactly would I go to set it up manually? I found a place that seems like it's what you're talking about, but I don't see the Shared Key option you mentioned, and it doesn't seem to do anything when I'm done.

6. DavisEngeler thread starter macrumors member

DavisEngeler

Ah, yeah. Guess it just didn't work for me either. Any ideas?

Also, I'm the same way: USB works on Windows 7... just not WiFi.

7. scottuf macrumors 6502

i'm in the same boat. can't get wifi to connect with win 7 64. usb is good though.

8. DavisEngeler thread starter macrumors member

DavisEngeler

If I can get this to work I'll be buying it. I was really looking forward to it, but not if it doesn't work on my one laptop. lol.

9. sc1 macrumors newbie

10. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I seem to be having this same problem with both mywi or pdanet. I'm on Windows 7 x64, Intel 6300, latest drivers, but it will never connect via wifi. Pdanet connects over usb, have not been successful with usb via myfi.