MyWi 4.0 Help

DavisEngeler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Posted in the wrong section originally.
--
Hey guys. I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 and got the trial for MyWi 4.0. It seems to be working great for everything other than my Windows 7 laptop.

It's running 64bit Windows 7, and whenever I try to connect to the iPhone running MyWi, it asks for the WEP key (as it should) but then sits there trying to connect a while before failing. It happens every time I've tried it, including after a reboot of both devices.

It works perfectly when giving wifi to my iMac or my friend's iPod Touch.

I really need it to work with this computer since it's the only one I'd use it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Davis.

sc1

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Windows 64 MyWi = No Luck

I have the same problem. I have tested the MyWi with OSX and Windows XP and it works great. On the windows 7 64bit laptop, it will not connect. The USB tethering will work, but that is it.

I have tried with and without wep, and truing off IPv6. Really want to get it working. This was the main reason for the jailbreak.

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Try setting the wireless connection up manually win Win7. Make sure that "Shared Key" is selected.

sc1

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Shared Key does not fix

Thanks, unfortunately it still does not work. To use shared key I need to set up wep. I tried, but same outcome.

DavisEngeler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Where exactly would I go to set it up manually? I found a place that seems like it's what you're talking about, but I don't see the Shared Key option you mentioned, and it doesn't seem to do anything when I'm done.

DavisEngeler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Thanks, unfortunately it still does not work. To use shared key I need to set up wep. I tried, but same outcome.
Ah, yeah. Guess it just didn't work for me either. Any ideas?

Also, I'm the same way: USB works on Windows 7... just not WiFi.

DavisEngeler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
If I can get this to work I'll be buying it. I was really looking forward to it, but not if it doesn't work on my one laptop. lol.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I seem to be having this same problem with both mywi or pdanet. I'm on Windows 7 x64, Intel 6300, latest drivers, but it will never connect via wifi. Pdanet connects over usb, have not been successful with usb via myfi.