MyWi 4.0 Wifi Tethering not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ebypic, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ebypic macrumors newbie

I'm still on the trial period for MyWi.

I can tether via USB and have no problems getting it to work.

When I Tether wirelessly, I connect to the published SSID but my computer doesn't connect to the network???

Can't figure out why? Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks,

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You may get better luck if you post on the "iPhone Hack" section (it will probably be move my a mod, so don't worry).

Would you give us some more detail, like what OS you are using? can you ping anything? do you get any errors? what's the Tx power set at (on MyWi).

3. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Be sure that the password (WEP key is correct). It may sound too simple but this has been the case too many times to count when I service router inconnectivity.

4. ebypic thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry - I thought I did post to the hack section, oh well.

Yep I checked the password multiple times - even tried it without a WEP password and still wasn't able to connect.

Tried on my laptop at work and at home. Both times it kept saying connecting, then would that connecting to the network is taking longer than usual and finally time out.

I'm running iOS 4.0.1, Transmit power is 100%, I get no error messages and I'm not sure how I check if I can ping ?

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What OS are you using on the PC you are trying to connect, There have been some reports of Windows 7 having issues with MyWi, i can't find the thread right now, but I find it I'll edit

6. ebypic thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sorry. Yes, Windows 7 on both laptops.

Thanks would appreciate it if you do find that report.

Anyone find a workaround for this?

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Here is some people with similar issues, some of them are using Win7, I don't think anyone have reported back any solutions yet. (sorry) - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983603

this person said it is a driver issue, check if you have the most recent driver for your card. (http://modmyi.com/forums/mywi/722668-windows-7-wont-connect-mywi-iphone-4-a.html)

You should consider getting a mac ;) (sorry couldn't resist)

8. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Try updating your drivers

Right click My Computer, manage, device manager tab, network adapters, Find the name of your wireless network adapter.

Now search Google for updates to the driver. I would NOT click on the Drivers tab to update from there. Do it manually with searching google.

Another problem I think you may have are illegal characters in the SSID. Do you have any !@#$%^&*() in your SSID? Try to use just letters/numbers and try it with no spaces, although it should work with spaces, just try it without spaces anyway.