MyWi 4 seems to break automatically joining network

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Cinemagic, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

After installing MyWi, I have to manually join my existing wifi networks. Joining a saved network should be automatic, but since installing MyWi, I have to manually join existing networks.

Anyone else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Yes, your phone becomes the "network" when you turn on MyWi. You should be connecting to it via usb/ wireless. You create a network name to broadcast(also know as "SSID" and your other devices should see it. Once connected they would use your 3G data connection to access the internet. Once created and saved on your phone you saved SSID should be visible on your other devices. When I connect to a new "network" my PC ask if I'd like to save it. In the future it should always be visible as an available "network" even when its not turned on/ broadcasting.

3. og1 macrumors regular

no you are very correct. it is annoying as hell. the first release of MYWI was 100% better than the current offering. I hope it gets polished soon.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I believe you completely misunderstood the OPs post. His problem is not with actually using MyWi, it's what it did to his phones ability to automatically join wifi networks when he is not using MyWi.

5. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Possibly doing a "respring" might help?

6. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

7. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

That and a reboot doesnt seem to help

8. thundermustard macrumors regular

I started having issues joining known networks as well, I did a network reset and it is working great.

9. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

Thanks thunderturd (sorry, had to, I read it that way at first - lol), that worked for me!

10. duceduc macrumors newbie

My problem is that I get a no cellular data connection error when I try to use wifi tethering on mywi. It somehow disable my 3G network and it also freeze my wifi tab in the phone's settings.

Very annoying that I can't get it to fully function. Glad I didn't pay for the $20 app yet.

11. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

The latest version still hasn't fixed this issue.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Damn, I hope they fix it soon.
    That used to be my favorite JB app.