MyWi 5.0 Asks For Purchase

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPagan, Sep 14, 2011.

1. iPagan macrumors regular

So I just installed MyWi 5.0 on my 1st Gen iPad. Every time I launch it, it flashes a message at the bottom of the screen, "4 days left for trial" and "purchase." But it's supposed to be a free upgrade for those who have purchased the app, when it was 4.x! I bought it when it was 4.0.

When I click on "purchase," it takes me to Cydia, where purchase is NOT an option. Just "modify" at the top right corner, and clicking on that, you get "reinstall" and "remove"!

A bug?

Also experienced dis-connectivity after the install. It didn't require a reboot, according to the change log, but I had to reboot it. After that, the connection was re-established.

A buggy update?

2. iPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody else has this experience?

Now, it says "three days left for trial" and " purchase."

But in Cydia, under my account, it says this app has been officially purchased?

A buggy release?

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Have you tried checking your license in settings? And/or transferring the license?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Are you talking about MyWi 5.0 or the MyWi On Demand? My license transferred just fine but the On Demand one is in trial mode since I never bought it. That what you're seeing?

6. iPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Problem solved.

I went back to MyWi's page in Cydia and downloaded the license. A reboot followed. After that, no more message of "trial expires after certain days" at the bottom, when I launch the app.

Weird. That was exactly what I did last night. :rolleyes:

Oh, well....

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

7. psuskeels macrumors newbie

Sorry - Cydia's server was returning that users were not purchased for all users for about 6 hours early this morning. It's fixed obviously. Sorry for the confusion! :).

8. Andytroyer macrumors newbie

MyWi 5 blowing up

I just recently (last night) upgraded from MyWi 4 to 5. Since then when I try to load it, it begins to load and then blows up back to the home screen. I have re-installed as well as uninstalled and then installed it again. Each time it does the same. I am running a tethered jailbreak but 4.0 worked fine under it and I've used this software without issue for a long time now. I thought of trying to install 4.0 again but I no longer see it listed in Cydia so I'm stuck.. help!

9. psuskeels macrumors newbie

Andytroyer: You'll want to send support a syslog. Can't think of any reason of that happening other then did u restart with tethered boot. What iOS version?