Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I've used MyWi since last summer and it's probably the best app that I've ever purchased. I have encountered one issue though with the most recent update.

When I used to use WEP for security, MyWi would report the number of active users correctly (whenever an iPad, iPod, or MacBook would connect). But now that they have added WPA2 (which I prefer to use), the active users count remains at zero no matter now many devices I connect.

Is this a bug? Do you other users of MyWi also have this issue? Thanks!

LeonCJ

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2011
Same here...

Exactly the same here, only I've never used any security, as the coverage is quite poor (distance-wise) so I'm not worried about anyone else connecting, as the WiFi signal barely reaches the next room. MyWi used to show the 'Active Users' some months ago, but not anymore. Can't remember at which update it stopped. Used to be fine. I can have my iPhone and computer connected simultaneously to my iPad, with or without WEP/WPA2 (attempting to discover a resolve by trial-and-error) with no avail. I'm assuming it's a bug, but yours is the only thread I've found initiated, despite lots of Googl'ing. Did you ever find out yourself?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.