MyWi and My3G are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerb7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Got both for free (via elpelle6) and they both work flawlessly.

Hope to see a future jailbreak out once 4.1 hits... as I'll be holding off my updating until then.

Don't wanna lose the tethering and facetime over 3G ;)

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK

Hope to see a future jailbreak out once 4.1 hits... as I'll be holding off my updating until then.

So you have to pay your carrier monthly to Tether, but you can't pay a little bit for the Developers who let you do it for free? :rolleyes:

millerb7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
So you have to pay your carrier monthly to Tether, but you can't pay a little bit for the Developers who let you do it for free? :rolleyes:
Uh... I don't have to pay the carrier to tether... that's the entire point of the app.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
But you are pirating the apps. I agree with Pushkar, if you find the apps useful, you should pay for them. $24 one time is very reasonable for what you are getting.

MunnyGuy

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Did you read mine? The OP is stealing from a developer, Think what you will and I'm not the Police or anything, but if you've got the money to spend on an iPhone, I'm sure you can spend a few extra on quality apps.

Don't flame Push. He makes a good point.

The only reason I JB is because Apple does not let me use my hardware the way I want to use it... not to steal from the app store (YMMV). I do agree however when someone comes up with a great app like MyWi or My3G they should be compensated.:)

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

I find a bit sadistic that you have the need to come here and tell everyone that you are enjoying the App, that you think is great and that you are saving so much money with it, but you are unwilling to pay $24 for it.

I am not here to tell you what to do use or think, I am not anyone's conscious, but it does fire me up that you have to come here and create a post about it.

You are the reason why Apple feels the need to threats customer like mentally challenge monkeys by making every decision for us and locking the system down. Also the reason Jailbreaking/Hacking and Researching in General get such bad rep.

By the way, you are violating the forums rules as well.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Wow I must be more tired then I thought I was. I didn't even see that he got it for free.

Sorry about that everyone. I do not think it's acceptable to steal apps from ANYONE.

You sir, should be ashamed.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
I love moral police, these are the same guys who BUY mywi so they can STEAL from AT&T ..hah.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I love moral police, these are the same guys who BUY mywi so they can STEAL from AT&T ..hah.
As I said on my original post I am not here to tell him what wrong or good, but I don't go around creating post about how I am using (what I consider) my data (since I paid for it, in AT&T cases in advanced) the way I want.

In the worst case, It is not stealing, is violating an agrement.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I wouldn't consider that stealing. I consider what AT&T is doing sort of monopolistic. We should have options...

MyWi is that option. And your still paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.