MyWi and networks

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by davemac00, Feb 16, 2011.

1. davemac00, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

davemac00 macrumors newbie

Anyone got a fix for the following?

Turn on MyWi and it's all fine - AP & 3g connection no problems. Turn MyWi off and the iPad will not connect to a WiFi network, now I could live with having to manually reconnect but it refuses to connect at all.

iOS 4.2.1 & the latest MyWi downloaded fresh via Cydia (bought & paid for not a cracked version)

EDIT: Sorry should have said, this is about running MyWi on the iPad itself.

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Have you tried manually disconnecting from your MyWi connection before turning it off? For example, if I turn off Wifi on my iPad before disabling the MyWi source, then turn MyWi off, then re-enable Wifi on the iPad, it finds my other Wifi connections just fine. Hope that makes sense...

3. davemac00 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried all the permutations I can think of, including power off/on - I think reading your post that you're running MyWi on an iPhone & connecting the iPad to that? My problem's the reverse, I want to run MyWi on the iPad itself.

4. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

I notice the same thing. It doesn't matter whether its an iPad or MBP. If you turn off MyWi, and turn it back on, wifi won't connect. I have to end up rebooting the phone.