MyWi draining battery while not in use

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thundermustard, Jan 3, 2011.

1. thundermustard macrumors regular

I have two iPhones 3GS'.
    Both with MyWi installed.
    Both do the same thing. Even without using MyWi all week the battery will drain insanely fast. When I open MyWi it has a warning, MyWi could not initialize, reboot. This fixes the battery draining for a few days.
    Anyone else seeing this?

2. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Not too sure about My Wi, but I did notice the same type of accelerated battery drain when installed PDANet. I'm not 100% sure if the app was the culprit or not, but I used the app very sparingly, and always killed the process when it wasn't in use. I uninstalled it about four days after I installed it and my battery drain went back to normal.

3. macglenn macrumors newbie

I have the same issue

I have exactly the same issue.

I've always suspected MyWi, but now I'm positive MyWi is causing the battery drain.

My iphone's battery been draining very quickly for over a week, until I used MyWi again yesterday and was prompted with the reboot message. And today, my battery life is back to normal.

4. Colgin macrumors member

Yesterday my Iphone drained insanely fast and I could not figure out why. At the end of the day I launched MyWi so I could update certain Apps on my Ipad before getting on the trian and got the springboard reboot message that I get occassionally. I rebooted and today the battery life has been normal again.

5. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I noticed the same... I charged my phone the night before...

In midday, I only had 60% battery after barely using the phone, in my pocket most time. Weird. I'll make sure its off most times. I had only used it the day before when my cable went down for a few hours.

6. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Is everyone experiencing the issue on 4.1 or 4.2.1?