MyWi = how much data usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

For those of you that have tethered your phones to the computers using mywi after jbing your iphones...

If I have access to wifi at school, and would only use the tethering when not on campus, would I approach the 2gb data usage much?

People who use mywi often, do you find that you were approaching above 2gb/month quite often?

I know you can't give exact usage rates since it's different for all, but still an estimate would be nice.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I couldn't even begin to estimate this. I've used 100 MB total one month and 5 GB the next. It really depends on too many factors.

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Theres is a way with a 2g phone to get yourself grandfathered into unlimited. I would suggest doing this if you plan on using mywi.
    I dont use it much but when I jailbroke my 3gs and then used itmy usage went up a fair amount.
    It has some real applications, but the battery drain kept me from using it a lot.
    Cheers and goodluck!

Edited and found that thread for you:
    know its a lot of pages but if you interested i would consider reading the entire thing
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=960093&page=7

4. teezee09 macrumors member

I dropped my home wireless for a couple of months while prepping for a move. Just used wireless at work/school during the day and tried to get most of my large downloads done there, but using mywi at home for two months I racked up 4 and 5 gbs of data. I would not suggest it with one of the limited plans, and would suggest looking into finding a way to get yourself grandfathered in to unlimited like Benji222 mentioned.

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I use MyWi and would not recommend it unless you had an unlimited data plan. I go through about 8GB a month. Videos add up quick!