MyWi on the new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamonster, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Lamonster macrumors regular

Lamonster

I have a Jailbroke 3GS now that I use with my ipad. Will the Jailbreak that was done on the ipad work on the new iphone?

2. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

you'll probably have to wait until it comes out, though if it doesn't work right away I'm sure the jailbreakers will have it hacked within a week.

3. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Personally, I'm hoping for a hacked carrier file that enables tethering. It seems that would be a lot quicker and easier to produce than a full-on jailbreak for the new OS.

4. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

today was the first day anyone has seen this phone with OS loaded. so obviously no one has any idea. give it til atleast the phone gets released and people can actually touch it.

5. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Lets only hope that there is an somewhat-immediate jailbreak. Obviously jailbreak on such improved hardware will enhance the device in a big way.

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

It will be a while before 4.0 can be jailbroken. But don't worry there always is a way.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

They've JB'd every iOS4 Beta, just whether the hardware of the iPhone 4 is any different, blocking a current crack.

Spirit won't work, thats for sure ;)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No it won't.
    I give it a few weeks or less.

9. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I agree, the beta has already been jailbroken. I give it no more than a couple weeks, who knows how long to be unlocked though. I guess Im glad and sad at the same time that I have AT&T ;)

10. patsfan83 macrumors regular

I don't think the iPad supports tethering over Bluetooth or USB. The advantage of MyWi is that it creates a WiFi network.