MyWi, OS3.0 and Cellcom in Israel

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jacobp, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jacobp macrumors member

I currently have a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS using OS 3.0. I have the old bootrom. I live in Israel and my cell carrier is Cellcom. I also have a Wifi only ipad and would like to be able to use MyWi to generate a wifi hotspot so i could use my ipad.

I have downloaded MyWi. And while my ipad can see the wifi signal created by mywi, i cannot connect to the Internet or any other web-based function. In other words, i can turn on wifi in mywi on my 3GS, and my ipad reports seeing the wifi signal created by mywi, but i cannot connect to the intenet.

I have borrowed someone else's 3GS sim card that uses AT&T (and data roaming) and put that in my iphone. When i do that, mywi works perfectly and my ipad recognizes the wifi signal and i can connect to the Internet.

Is it possible that Cellcom somehow blocks me from using MyWi to create a wifi hotspot?

2. ronaldinio macrumors newbie

Same issue here

Hey,

I'm also in Israel and on Cellcom, and had the exact same issue with MyWi. It works fine tethered via usb. However with the wireless option, it just fails to work.

Yesterday I finally upgraded my iphone to 4.3.3 which comes bundled with it's own WiFi hotspot feature...guess what...it still doesn't work!

I'm assuming this is an issue Cellcom...

Have you figured out a solution yet?

Shalom

Ronnie