MyWi plus Kindle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Does anyone know for a fact whether or not the Kindle works with MyWi's AdHoc hotspot? I can't for a solid answer. I always carry my phone with me and it's a bit cheaper to get the Kindle that only supports Wifi. Thanks for any help.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

My understanding is no. The new Kindle will not connect to ad hoc networks. It does work with some Android models, which apparently produce a true wifi hotspot, but I haven't heard of anyone getting it to work with an iPhone.

Check Kindleboards.com or MobileRead.com, one of those two forums can probably say for sure as my info dates to when the K3 was originally released.

3. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Or since this isn't a Kindle Forum why not go to the appropriate place or use Google

Google search shows that the kindle will not connect to ad hoc = will not work with Miwi.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I also heard the same that Mywi or any iphone tethering cannot be used for a Kindle.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I tried it and it doesn't work. The network mywi creates will show up but it'll tell you that you can't connect to enterprise or peer to peer networks if you try to connect to it.