Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phatjoe88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I uninstalled MyWi after the trial expired because I just didn't have a need for it. The problem is that my phone is still broadcasting my SSID from MyWi. Is there a way to get rid of the broadcast SSID? I just don't anyone getting any ideas trying to connect to my phone.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
I would say just restart the phone. Something stuck around after the install. You can probably also just flip WiFi on and off and connect to a WiFi network. Connecting to WiFi and broadcasting a SSID requires the WiFi radio to be in different modes.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I uninstalled MyWi after the trial expired because I just didn't have a need for it. The problem is that my phone is still broadcasting my SSID from MyWi. Is there a way to get rid of the broadcast SSID? I just don't anyone getting any ideas trying to connect to my phone.

did you uninstalled using cydia, rock? or manually?

did you reboot after the uninstallation?

seen weird that that broadcasting is still lingering around

phatjoe88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I would say just restart the phone. Something stuck around after the install. You can probably also just flip WiFi on and off and connect to a WiFi network. Connecting to WiFi and broadcasting a SSID requires the WiFi radio to be in different modes.

I have restarted a bunch of times. I deleted the connection from my laptop. And it's not seeing it anymore. The weird thing is that it was showing up in my iPhone wifi settings too. It must not actually be broadcasting, just leftover from my laptop.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.