MyWi Tethering

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Blown01NJ, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Blown01NJ macrumors member

I know there are several threads out there about this already but I just wanted to share my experience with jailbreaking and tethering.

I Jailbroke with blackra1n yesterday which was the easiest thing on earth, then I installed rock app.

I connected my phone to my netbook via bluetooth but was having issues with a drive message in Windows 7.

I downloaded MyWi and turned on tethering, then simply right clicked the device in Win7 and clicked Connect to>Access point and bang, works perfectly.

Literally not one issue. I can tether perfectly over BT with my netbook. Im very happy with MyWi. Only thing is, does anyone have any clue if ATT will pick this up and charge? I have used 700MB of data so far.

Only issue I see as of now is when I plug my phone into my desktop now for itunes, the computer sees the phone as another network connection (so I guess I just have to turn off tethering before doing that)

Other than that, all is well.

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

No. I've d/l gigabytes of data in a month.

3. piixel macrumors newbie

piixel

What he said.

It's a nice app. I only use it when i'm out, as i have wifi at home.

4. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

Yea same here. Im on the road a lot for work and I stream sporting events and stuff, which racks up a lot of usage.

5. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

I'm on the trial version right now. Is there a better option for tethering before I pay for this?

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

No..

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I'm looking at MyWi / PDAnet too, but I have an original iPhone 2G on UK o2.

What's my best option for tethering it?

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Click Here for the MyWi requirements.