MyWi Update 4.60

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wfj5444, Mar 24, 2011.

1. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

Anyone else having trouble with the update?

I can no longer pull data while tethering. My iPad can connect, sees the connection, connects, but can't get any data.

Safari immediately comes back and complains. App Store just squats and tries forever.

I have removed WEP rebooted devices, changed the hotspot name.. nothing works.

** Edit**

And now it starts working.. So strange. I spent 30 minutes with it and then boom. It just starts working after turning MiWi hotspot on and off.

2. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

It definitely seems flaky after the last 2 updates. Either that or my iPad 2 handles wifi connections slightly differently than the original iPad. It's almost like MyWi isnt handing out a valid IP address (169...) or it's letting the iPhone go to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity even though I set it to never auto shutoff.

3. MikePA, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Why not just display the IP address on the tethered device? As far as I know, a DHCP server does not 'hand out' a 169 IP address. That's the default IP address a device uses when it can't reach a DHCP server.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What firmware version is your iphone on?
    With anything 4.2.6 and higher you'd probably have less problems since MyWi then utilizes the built in "Hotspot" feature.

5. wfj5444 thread starter macrumors 6502

I run 4.2.1, AT&T and because I don't want an untethered JB.

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I too have had issues with MyWi the past days running on 4.2.1 i4. iPad connects for a few seconds and then drops connection, whereas my laptop connects perfectly fine. One temp cure was to enable and then disable WEP-security... but I ran in to the same crap again shortly after.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

when I make a wifi hotSpot with my iPhone 4, why is it only seen by other iDevices like iPod touch and iPhone??

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because if you're on 4.2.1 or below it creates an adhoc wifi network and some devices cannot connect to that.
    On 4.2.6 and higher it creates a true infrastructure wifi connection.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

My 2G on EDGE puts out a strong MyWi signal. No issues with iPad connecting.