MyWi+Verizon=$$$?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by krewelement394, Mar 28, 2012.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

uhmm, I'm sure this has been asked tons of times before, but I've googled it for the past 30+ minutes and have come across nothing. i am using a verizon 4g iPhone. i just learned about the MyWi and installed it. i wasn't really too thrilled about it when i first heard of it, but now that i am getting an iPad it'd be nice use my phone's data. I did do research on this MyWi and apparently att caught some of their customers cheating them off... and began to charge. honestly, if this is the case, it isn't worth it. id rather just use my phone, but still, it'll be a nice extra thing to have. especially since i only use 1/4 of my data...:/ don't use it as much. does anyone know if Verizon is also 'catching' people using MyWi and charging?

:)

2. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

I have never heard of anyone on Verizon talking about this. I, on the other hand, have unlimited data on AT&T and I tether using MyWi. My data has been so severely throttled, it is unusable.

3. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I'm on VZW and I use about 2-3gb/mo. Mixture of tethering and on phone. I've only had a issue once when I went above 5gb, then I relayed to them that I was on the Unlimited Plan and they set me back to normal.

4. xMacMusox macrumors newbie

xMacMusox

Yea no issues for me..on Verizon and MyWi for over a year and a half and no throttling or contact from them:D

5. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

GOOD! this means i can cheat them off too!:) finally get my $$s worth of this DATA package plan. thanks!:):D

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I did the math on how much moolah I have paid Verizon over the life of my 13 years loyalty to them- it's almost $20,000.00

I have an unlimited data plan as well..;)

7. xMacMusox macrumors newbie

xMacMusox

Yea, Ive been with them for at least that long as well, they aren't the cheapest by far but hey "its the network":p

8. b24pgg macrumors 65816

You're not cheating anyone. You're simply using the data you've already purchased.

Verizon is the one cheating you by attempting to block it in the first place.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You can call what it whatever makes you feel better but violating the TOS is violating the TOS.

10. b24pgg, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

b24pgg macrumors 65816

Moot. Tethering is completely legal and morally speaking Verizon is guilty here, not me.

11. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

LOL, wait you didn't join VZN because "Can you hear me now?"

12. xMacMusox macrumors newbie

xMacMusox

Amen brother:D