Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
MyWi has always been one of my favorite apps to use on the go with my Mac and iPad(WiFi). But today it stopped working on my Mac, despite doing nothing to any settings. It says that the connection has a self assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to internet. This odd thing is that it works on my iPad still.
I really need this issue fixed ASAP so that I can use my Mac at school to do my assignments.
Thanks in advanced. :D

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
MyWi has always been one of my favorite apps to use on the go with my Mac and iPad(WiFi). But today it stopped working on my Mac, despite doing nothing to any settings. It says that the connection has a self assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to internet. This odd thing is that it works on my iPad still.
I really need this issue fixed ASAP so that I can use my Mac at school to do my assignments.
Thanks in advanced. :D

Is that thru USB or Wifi?
Why not try another way of connecting your Mac? You have 3 options, Wifi, Bluetooth and USB.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's using wifi. I don't know how to get the USB option to work, and didn't even know that MyWi supported Bluetooth.

Yes, all you do is turn on USB tethering on Mywi and plug it into your computer.
With Bluetooth you can enable BT on both your computer and in iphone settings and turn it on.
Its there in the Mywi options. Then you can pair the 2 with BT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.