MyWi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Plsleite, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Plsleite macrumors newbie

Hi there.

What are the benefits of using MyWi over tethering by Settings>General>Network>Bluetooth?

Aside from the fact that u create a wifi hotspot if u need one, if u just want to share your phone connection with another device, is it less battery consuming?

Thanks

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Bluetooth would use less battery than WiFi and yes it is to share your connection with another device, like an iPad or computer (w/ BT). ;)
    IT is recommended to always use BT unless you are connection more then one device at the time or the other device doesn't have BT of course.

3. Plsleite thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry i didnt understand. Wich one is better battery wyse, MyWi or stock Bluetooth tethering (Settings>general>network>internet tethering)?

I can share my iPhone's connection with my iPad via Bluetooth, I just dont understand the benefits of having MyWi... :confused:

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Mywi has more a lot more options than the stock tethering app.
    You can bridge and use tethering while receiving wifi over to USB, adjust the signal strenth of wifi tethering and many other things.
    Very cool to have IMO.

5. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

How do you share a wifi?

I am at a lodge that has free Internet, but it comes in very poorly except in one part of the room. I want to take my iPhone and take the wifi and rebroadcast it to all those in our room. But when I try anything I can find, it turns on the 3G.

Thanks

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I believe if you are on the new firmware and Mywi version you can receive and broadcast wifi at the same time.
    But at the moment I dont have my iphone JB so I cant go in and test it out.
    You can find more details and info on the Devs page.
    http://support.intelliborn.com/index.php?option=com_kb
    http://intelliborn.com/mywi.html