N button has no CLICK on new MBPr 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bbqchips, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bbqchips macrumors newbie

I bought a MBPr 13" on black friday with 4gb RAM and 2.4ghz haswell processor.

I noticed the N button doesn't have such a "click" to it, compared to the other buttons, and requires much less pressure to press. It does however, work fine.

Is it a matter of some of the keys being "broken in"?

What should I do?

Has anyone experienced this?

Should I exchange it for a new one?

Thanks,

2. majkom, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

majkom macrumors 65816

Had same issue with air wo years ago - does you n button work (i mean, if you press it it types?) mine cmd key did not work - it was broken - i just switched that cmd key home alone;) here we dont have official apple store only authorised services that were offering me whole kb replacement, but in usa, they will replace one key in any apple store (afaik - it should take literally like one minute)

3. bbqchips thread starter macrumors newbie

The button works. It is only slightly noticeable.
    If I brink it into the apple store, they will say that it's the same as the others because the difference is negligible. I brought it to best buy, where I bought it and they guy said there all the same

4. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

if you press it quite hard does it click and then work normally

just an idea, it happened to mine

5. willgreene99 macrumors regular

willgreene99

When I got my 2012 11" Air, my "O" key kept popping off and not really clicking. I had to press hard for it to register. Took it to Apple store three times. First two times, they replaced/repaired the "O" key. The third time, they replaced the keyboard. After that, it worked great and no problems since.