N00b needs help syncing an iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mario Zelda Fan, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Mario Zelda Fan macrumors newbie

Mario Zelda Fan

K so since I'm a new iPod owner, I'm not familiar with iTunes syncing since I've used MediaMonkey and Rhapsody to sync to my Sansa in the past.

My problem is I can't figure out how to sync only a certain amount of songs to my iPod Touch without over-writing all the rest.

There's one new song that I have, but I can't figure out how to sync just that ONE song to my iPod. I tried clicking "Sync" in the "Summary" tab, but it didn't sync anything. Then I tried syncing in the "Music" tab, but that deleted all 247 of my songs on my iPod and replaces them with the one song that I checked.

I am severely confused. How can I sync just one song to my iPod without syncing the whole Library or replacing all of my songs already synced with the checked song(s)???

Thanks in advance. >_> I'm such a noob...

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Connect your iPod and on the Summary page check "Manually Manage Music and Videos" and hit Apply. Now, you have complete control over what goes on and off your iPod. In your iTunes library, you can select whatever songs you want and drag them down to your iPod. When you don't want a track on your iPod anymore, just click on Music underneath your iPod's name and you can select a track and press delete - if you ever want to sync it again all you have to do is, like above, drag and drop it to your iPod. The other option is to set it to automatically sync, which the iPod is set to by default, in which it will initially sync your entire library and then whenever a new track is added it will sync that new track and keep everything else on your iPod still (as in it will keep an exact copy of your iTunes library on your iPod).

3. macsarethebest macrumors regular

when u plug it in, it should sync the new song without deleting anything!!!! :eek:

4. Mario Zelda Fan thread starter macrumors newbie

Mario Zelda Fan

I have to drag 'n' drop? Wow. Thanks so much. I never would've guessed that.

Thanks a bunch! I jut did it and it worked.