iPad n64 emu on the new ipad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BFizzzle, Aug 9, 2012.

1. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

is it even worth getting?
    how's the frame rate on it?

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Last time I checked it wasn't compatible with the iPad.
    And if you check ZoTTDDDTDTDD (whatever) blog, you'll see the guy is on a hatorade spree against apple with it's policies or something (I think that was it) so it seems to me unlikely he'll make another release any time soon.
    And on the iPhone 4s it runs so so, but I was so laughing at it so hard that basically gave up on trying (and not that I did try a lot of games with it).

Now, I'll just share a piece of my mind with you. I think emulation on iOS sucks. We don't have the USB controller support available on Android and only those iCade and whatnot thingies work and you have to wait for the developer to use their SDK and stuff (waste of time, waste of money, too little buttons as well).
    So basically the n64oid on a mid-end tablet (as the Samsung Tab 2 7") works so-so but at least the touchscreen controls are halfway decent, on iOS the controller is basically half the screen? Don't make me laugh...
    Plus if you have played GTA3 or Max Payne on iOS you'd probably agree with me that there is no replacement for proper mouse + keyboard, let alone *at least* an USB controller, so touchscreen controls on those games and emus = teh suck (IMO).

Now also as a rant it's hard to know beforehand if an emu runs fine or not, because everybody did not get the memo about Super Mario 64 being a game that even my microwave can run @ 3000 FPS with no frame limit and back in 1998 when France was hosting the World Cup, UltraHLE could already run it almost perfectly.
    So yeah I understand it being an easy game to test a new emu, but come on... unless a device + emu can run Conker's Bad Mofin' Fur Day full speed, then it's a waste of time for me, as devices and emus fall on their knees with that game, which is a proper benchmarking "tool". NOT SM64 or OoT (which also runs on my $4 casio alarm watch full speed).
    /Rant Over

I'm personally waiting for a new iteration of those psp-vita chinese android-based knock-offs sporting the new AllWinner11 whatever SoC (probably quad core) and then probably they'll be able to run Conker full speed (with n64ios) like a Samsung Galaxy S3 can already do, but with proper buttons.

Sorry if I'm just venting but probably you can get a piece of advice up there or two :D

3. BLACADE macrumors newbie

I need help.I recently purchased an icade cabinet for my iPad3.I thought I was gonna be able to run Street Fighter,Mortal Kombat etc,but
    there's only these cheesy games that are compatible.I stumbled upon imame but appearently there's no way to get the ipa,cause its no longer available through the app store...where can I find an imame ipa,?