Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Hi guys,

haven't seen a thread about NAB yet and thought it would be ok to have one. Does anyone here think we see new products for our Macs? For example Final Cut Express? Or how about a Logic update or a preview of Final Cut Studio Version 6?

Apple released information about their new products in the past on sunday. Does anyone know if there is an event planned?

Cheers
LaForge

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
final cut 6
final cut studio 6 (includes updates to motion, dvd studio pro, soundtrack)
possible final cut extreme
mbp 17" (personally, i doubt it)
small logic update (nothing extreme. not paid)

final cut express is not a pro app, so don't expect an update.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I'd say, just like the past two years, you'll see Apple announce:

Final Cut Studio 6
Possibly Final Cut Extreme ($10,000-$15,000 price range)
MBP 17"

I'd say the MBP will be available immediately, but the software probably won't ship until sometime in July/August (just like the past two years).

P.S. There was already an NAB thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/194850/

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
Texas04 said:
When is NAB?

virus1 said:

Actually the conferences started yesterday [Saturday], and the exhibits start on tomorrow [Monday]. http://www.nabshow.com/

Also, like CmdrLaForge stated in the original post, "Apple released information about their new products in the past on sunday.", we should get some [if not all] the new stuff in just a few hours.

I don't know why Apple would not release the 17" MBP right alongside these Pro App upgrades and updates. Just to be "consistent" and release during the week doesn't make much sense to me, when they can simply issue a press release during the week in regards to the 17" MBP having breen released on Sunday, prior to the exhibitions starting at NAB.

Why would they want to lose any "impulsive" sales? An announcement today, with immediate orders being taken tomorrow at the exhibits is the best scenario IMO.

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
nothing.
they announce new stuff on sunday at the press conference.
no apple press conference scheduled.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
748s said:
nothing.
they announce new stuff on sunday at the press conference.
no apple press conference scheduled.

When is the press conference? Any link or something.

I am really excited about MacBook 17" and the new Software. Really hope that it comes out. I am personally waiting for Final Cut Express .

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
CmdrLaForge said:
When is the press conference? Any link or something.

I am really excited about MacBook 17" and the new Software. Really hope that it comes out. I am personally waiting for Final Cut Express .

my post was not clear.
what i meant to write was........apple usually have a press conference on sunday to announce new stuff. this year there is no press conference scheduled. so i'm thinking no new stuff.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
748s said:
my post was not clear.
what i meant to write was........apple usually have a press conference on sunday to announce new stuff. this year there is no press conference scheduled. so i'm thinking no new stuff.

But according to Apple's website, they say the start date of NAB as April 24 (Monday, even though the show actually started today), so we'll probably see something then.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
puckhead193 said:
whats final cut extreme, why so expensive? is apple go straight after avid...

"Final Cut Express"

Its basically a slightly lower version of Final Cut Pro. Cheaper and more Prosumer. It doesnt have alot of the broadcasting capibility of Final Cut Pro.

Unless you heard of some new product that apple is realeasing called Final Cut Extreme... ;)
Do you know somthing we dont :)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Texas04 said:
"Final Cut Express"

Its basically a slightly lower version of Final Cut Pro. Cheaper and more Prosumer. It doesnt have alot of the broadcasting capibility of Final Cut Pro.

Unless you heard of some new product that apple is realeasing called Final Cut Extreme... ;)
Do you know somthing we dont :)
i know what express is, i have it ;) but i never really heard anything about extreme other then its going to be very expensive...
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/finalcut6.html

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
What I'm looking forward to the most is this:

http://www.RED.com

If it delivers on it's promise, it could change the movie industry overnight.

Basically, it's a Digital Cinema Camera that can record footage at resolutions from 4K, 2K, 1080p, and 720p, all at up to 60fps. Made by Jim Jannard, the billionaire founder of Oakley Sunglasses.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
jrv3034 said:
What I'm looking forward to the most is this:

http://www.RED.com

If it delivers on it's promise, it could change the movie industry overnight.

Basically, it's a Digital Cinema Camera that can record footage at resolutions from 4K, 2K, 1080p, and 720p, all at up to 60fps. Made by Jim Jannard, the billionaire founder of Oakley Sunglasses.
ya. i was so shocked when i remembered of them two weeks ago and checked out thier site, only to find that ticker thing... we will all see in .. 11 hrs, 32 min, and 28 sec.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
virus1 said:
ya. i was so shocked when i remembered of them two weeks ago and checked out thier site, only to find that ticker thing... we will all see in .. 11 hrs, 32 min, and 28 sec.
It's counting upwards :confused:

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
Kingsly said:
My brain started bleeding from the inside.
ya i definately expected more than that. but its structure does look like a good camera, but they will make no money off of it if every new feature can be added with a cheap accessory instead of buying a whole new cam.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
virus1 said:
ya i definately expected more than that. but its structure does look like a good camera, but they will make no money off of it if every new feature can be added with a cheap accessory instead of buying a whole new cam.

that's the point of it, they're not trying to make a ton of money or sell revision after revision of the camera... they want to make one that will last for years and years, one that is upgradeable, rather than needing to be replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.