Naked Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AJsAWiz, Apr 14, 2008.

1. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

This looks promising:
    http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple/iPhone-Naked-Case

I own the flip case by case mate. It's well made and protects the whole iPhone while the flip part allows fast and easy access.

I would be curious to know about the touch screen performance with this Naked case.

I also wonder how it compares to Xylo's Touch Thru case.

2. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

Looks just like the Xylo T2 case and the Artwizz. In the video it looks like it works pretty good.

3. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

Looks good, but it looks like it'll scratch the back pretty easily just like all the other hard cases do.

4. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

there was talk that the xylo case caused humidity to collect between the screen and the case. Will this have the same problem since its built on the same principle?

5. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

The video makes it look really clean cut and nice...... but I'm wondering if it suffers the same "bubbling" / "wet" look cause from the iPhone screen clinging onto the protector screen. Hmm. :confused:

6. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

This looks very nice. I would like to see some reviews and opinions first, but this might be my next case.

7. AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Good question . . . I was wondering the same thing. It would be great is someone bought this then posted a review here :rolleyes:

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

This case is the exact same thing as ivyskin...which I have and give my review of http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=468773

I have not had any luck with it although it looks super on the iPhone. With the iPhones allergies to water and the humid season enroute, I would advise against but to each his/her own. Read my review of use for more.

9. hellodon macrumors 6502

I think this is a little bit different than what you're talking about. Not positive, but i think it's slightly thicker and a different material new to this and the xylo case...so you might not see the bubbling or the air pockets because it's not just a thin/hard layer over the screen, it seems like more of an acrylic with (as they say) some sort of patent pending technology that allows you to use the touch screen even though it's a hard case in front of it.

Any first hand reviews on this thing yet? The video definitely makes me want to get one but if it's going to be crap that just looks good, then it's not worth it. I want to hear what people have to say first. Did they just start shipping them? Or did they only start selling them and not even shipping yet? Can't seem to find anything other than the news on them so far.

10. Mitaka macrumors newbie

11. bimmermd macrumors newbie

Case-Mate <>Stay Away<>

Here is a little history on case-mate....
    First they stole the designs of Vaja hard leather cases and made their cheap versions of it and now they stole the design from ivyskin T2 Xylo case!
    I got their leather case two months ago and it came apart in two days... its like a fake LV bag.... Even their name is stolen from casemate.com ;o)

Their support is non existence ... stay away!

12. csi24 macrumors member

csi24

It's on back-order already. It says it will take 3-4 weeks to ship

13. iphonewiz macrumors regular

Yeah that's a pretty cool case. Might have to check that out.

14. AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Sorry you had a bad experience. All of my dealings with Case Mate have been positive. Like everything else . . . some people will be happy with a business and the service they receive and some won't.

15. AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Great! I hope you post a review after you get it :D

16. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I think you need to revise your history, the Ivyskin T2 Xylo stole the design from Artwizz See Jacket Crystal (which was the FIRST case of this kind !!), and THEN Case-Mate stole the idea. In fact, a legit website has written an article about it.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ar...ee-cases-the-seejacket-xylo-naked-case-story/

17. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

I don't have this case but want to weigh in on my impressions. For my iPhone, I use a case by Contour. It is partially clear and black around the edges.

I have a transparent acrylic case for an older iPod nano. What I observed is that when new and clean, it looks great. However, over time debris gets in through the cutouts which tend to scratch the device while still in the case.