iPad Naked iPad Air feels Great!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Apple.of.my.I, May 18, 2014.

1. Apple.of.my.I macrumors newbie

My wife and I decided to go naked with our ipad airs and couldn't be happier. We've always had our iPads in some sort of case since we first started using iPads. It's very liberating and now the experience is way better.

2. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

I love having my iPad out of it's smart case, I actually forget just how light it is with the added bulk of the case. But it get's thrown in my bag pretty much every day and comes with me everywhere so unfortunately the case is a must :(

I don't have a case on my iPhone though. Had it since launch day and no visible damage except for minute scratches on the chamfered edge

3. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I tried this too recently. Doesn't it feel slippery to you? Also I kind of hate the contrast between the slick cool aluminum and the sticky apple logo. I've got a carbon fiber skin on order from eBay that will hopefully give me the best of both worlds. Glad you like your iPad!

4. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I absolutely enjoy the feel of going case-less with the iPad Air. I actually have the iPad Air Smart Cover just to use it when I would like to prop it up.

But when I'm around the house I normally like carrying by itself. When I actually go out and travel... I use the Griffin Elan Sleeve which I can put both the iPad Air Smart Cover on it as well as the iPad in the sleeve.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I take my iPhones and iPads out of their skins occasionally. However, I don't like the slippery feeling of their polished backs, lack of options to prop up the iPad etc. so they go right back into their cases.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

That's what I did until one day while taking the phone out of my pocket, it flew out of my hand and hit the wall. No real damage except for a little chip on the side. Decided to keep it in the case for the next 1 year after that incident until I saw this thread - going to go naked again. Worst case it breaks… oh well, new iPhones coming out in september anyways.

7. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I like using my iPad Air case-less as well. But seriously it's not practical for daily use. I have to prop it up to use it for work. I have to take it out for work during the day. With no case it's subject to being damaged plus it's very inconvenient trying to be careful all day.

8. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

Because I know I'm not the only one thinking it...Phrasing? :p

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

For the first time I have gone case less with my rMini. I have a CF Ghost Armor skin on the back. It's the best of both worlds.

10. Rodster macrumors 68040

You exhibitionist !

My iPad doesn't leave the house without it's clothes ON. :)

11. dmunz macrumors regular

I don't like putting the air in a case either. But I do use a Dodo Bookback. It adds a little gripyness and looks good.

FWIW
    DLM

12. JackieInCo macrumors 601

The only thing I use on my Air and retina Mini are smart covers and have since buying them. I do slip the Mini into an incase slip case when I take it with me.

13. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I agree. The naked iPad is awesome, in a non perverted sort of way of course. But I find that I still need SOME sort of protection against drops, so I've gotten both the Smart Cover and the Caudabe Shell to protect the back. Basically, this gives me really thin full body protection, but I can still remove the Smart Cover easily. And if I want the Caudabe to come off, that snaps off easily too. Best of all worlds.

14. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

15. japanime, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014

japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Sounds exhilarating! But unless you and your wife and planning to add new members to your iOS family, be sure to use a little protection during those times of the month when mistakes are more likely to happen. :D

16. CPx macrumors 6502

17. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I like my devices naked too. I worry about scratches, so I use the Skinomi TechSkin on the back. It takes care of the slippery feel and adds no weight or bulk. You don't know it's there. In addition, you can put it in any protective case you are currently using. I highly recommend it.

18. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

No you are not the only one.

19. Sym0 macrumors 6502

Sym0

I've never had a case, and never had a problem. My wife has always had one, for fashion, and has broken quite a few screens. Hmm...

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a case on mine, and I will say the condition of my iPAd is in near pristine condition. Personally, the right case offers minimal weight, increased grippiness and some protection against scratches and dings. My iPad is too expensive to leave it to chance that it may get marked up

21. Rodster macrumors 68040

^^^^ All of the above and the same reason I always use a case. The cases I get are really functional as they allow me to prop up the iPad in landscape mode when watching or streaming videos.

22. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

I must admit it definitely feels very liberating to remove the case from my iPad...

My only real fear is the laws regarding public nudity - maybe we should organise a meet-up at a beach somewhere?

23. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

What about getting sand in our ports? Sounds messy. :D

24. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

99% naked here on my rMini and loving it. I did cut 4 small half inch diameter circles out of a sheet of matte finish transparent skin material and applied them near the corners on the back. This prevents slipping on slick surfaces and scratches on the back.

I do use a soft slip-in sleeve for transporting the mini when traveling, but like it naked when actually using it.

25. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

just be careful without using protection with your wife!