naked iphone 4 users ........ how's yours holding up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayo123456, Sep 5, 2010.

1. jayo123456 macrumors regular

I'm about to take off my protector.

Was just wondering how everyone's naked phone is.

please post condition, and weeks/months naked.

thanks

edit: sorry, please also post on a scale of 10, how careful you are with your phone. (hard to say i know, but just try)

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Naked since launch day. Few scratches on the back. A bit of gunk where the steel and glass meets but not a lot, only notice it in the sun. Holding up great.

3. Trat macrumors regular

4. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

got one tiny scratch thats hardly noticeable. lots of very very very very light scratches that can only be seen in very bright sunlight if u look at it at an angle. got my iphone the day it was launched.

5. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Mine has been naked since the Canadian launch (July 30th), and I don’t have a single scratch. I’ve looked very carefully, and I don’t see anything; no scratches, marks, dings, anything.

On a carefulness scale, I’d say I’m either an 8/10 or 9/10. Most of the time I’m probably a 9/10.

6. JDNGuru macrumors member

I have a naked i4. I refuse to use a case. The phone isn't meant to be always cased. As for the screen, it's safe. I am extra careful with the phone. Reception and dropped calls happens when doing the 'death grip', but it's alright. I don't talk much on the phone.

7. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Not good, nasty scratch on the front, loads of smaller light ones too - none on the back :mad:

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The wife is using a bumper due to the reception issue. However, the glass is undamaged and it rolls around in her purse with the rest of the treasures.

9. kopite19 macrumors regular

A scratch up near the camera (not on the camera of LED thankfully) but other than that, nothing noticeable unless in very bright light.

Had the bumper for a week, hated it both on appearance and feel of the whole thing.

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I have two little dots on the Apple logo. It's like a tiny little vampire bit it. I only saw them after looking for them.

11. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Ive had mine naked since launch day, minus a few days that i tried the white bumper. ive got 2 small scratches on the front but other then that when i wipe it down at the end of the day with my cleaning cloth, it still looks almost good as new. I did have a big scare this past monday though. After having outpatient surgery on my arm, I was of course still somewhat out of it due to the pain meds when we stopped at the store and I forgot it was sitting on my lap. So, of course when I stood up it went flying, hit the concrete and slid about half a foot. I thought I was going to have a heart attack right there and be headed right back to the hospital. Well, the 2 scratches I mentioned were prior to this and Ive yet to find a mark on it from the fall. I'm very pleased with the way it is holding up.

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Naked since launch and no issues for me
    I much prefer the look and feel over a case or bumper

13. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Mine had a bumper on it for about two weeks, then I removed it. I like my iPhone 4 without anything but an anti glare on it to keep away the fingerprints. Mine still looks perfect just like it was on launch. It's slipped off my bed and hit the wall about four times now and still is scratch free.

I can't stand using a bumper on it anymore. I have an unopened bumper free from Apple that I may sell.

14. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Got mine on launch day and not one single flaw as of yet. (I really baby it!) I only go naked half the time though. I use the bumper at work for a little added protection but go completely naked at home or if I am going out. :D

15. lexvo macrumors 65816

On a carefullness scala, I'm on 9/10

I have my iPhone 4 only for a few weeks, but no scratches or marks yet :)

I don't want to 'spoil' the design by putting a bumper or something on it

16. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

When I saw "naked iPhone 4 users" I was expecting something else. This has been a waste of my time.

That is obviously a joke.

17. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Same here.

18. jayo123456 thread starter macrumors regular

dang, i hated that on my 3gs.

still debating if i should take off my skin. I hate these things (but cases are 10x worse).

19. rezivor macrumors newbie

I had my iphone 4 naked for about 2 weeks.
    I'd say it holds up better than the 3gs's did--
    I've since gotten a bumper- but I did drop it probably three or four times on the cement or tile floor-- no discernible scratches.
    I'd say the 4 holds up much much-- noticably-- better than the previous versions did.
    But then again-- there is always that one good drop you can make-- i threw a bumper on to be safe.

20. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

21. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

No.

22. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'm a bit surprised that I'm not the only iPhone 4 owner using the MacRumors forums in the nude, and I'm somewhat offended that you'd get so personal as to check if I'm holding my naughty bits up.

23. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

24. Russiaone macrumors 6502

I take mine out all the time to look at it. I like the way it looks and I use it all the time. It feels good to touch it and stroke it.

25. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Pervs everywhere I go .... :eek: