Naked Iphone 4's Only Here, Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Aug 6, 2010.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

Oct 5, 2006
    Great White North
    Just decided to go naked right now.

I had the 'Scocshe' bumper and took it off and would you believe it, I like it naked instead. Oh, and no scratches from the bumper nor the front and black glass (happened to have screen protectors installed from day one-hehe, not completely naked..shhh).

I also like the 'cold' feel of the steel bezel when it's not warm. Makes the iPhone 4 feel high-techy for some strange reason.

Not sure if I'll put the bumper on but at least I have it when I need it. :)
  2. nburwell macrumors 68040

May 6, 2008
    My 3GS is currently naked and when I open up my iPhone 4 later today, I will keep that naked as well. I just think cases are too bulky, and not to my liking. I always wipe my phone down at the end of the day, so my 3GS is still in mint condition. I expect my iPhone 4 to be in the same condition once I start using it.
  3. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Sep 3, 2008
    Southwest Florida, USA
    You should try the black bumper though it's not bulky and makes it look better IMO. And feels better when holding it.
  4. calb macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2009
    I've never been a fan of cases on any device. I've ordered a Sena Ultraslim for when I need to put my phone in a bag or other environment where it might come into contact with vicious items... but on the whole I like the slim profile of the phone in my hand and can't imagine it wearing a chunky case.
  5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

Feb 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    For some reason, cases make the screen look undesirable for some reason.

don't know what it is, maybe because it ads width to the device.

I only had a case on the 2G for a month, never had one for 3G and not gonna have one for the 4 :)
  6. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Apr 6, 2010
    do gelaskin users count as naked? if so im in! I have tried 3 cases so far and none of them lasted more than 15 minutes.
  7. djransom macrumors 68040

May 14, 2008
    I went naked with my i4 for a minute until the phone almost slipped out of my hand on to the pavement and that's when I decided I needed a case ALL the time.
  8. MacJones macrumors 6502

May 14, 2010
    I don't usually use a case but with this phone I'm going to ghost armor it and use the Apple bumper case. I already scratched the back and I've only had the phone for a week.
  9. thecarrot macrumors member

Jul 20, 2010
    I've never used a case on any phone/device that I have ever had...for a number of reasons

-makes it look more bulky
    -takes away from the design of the phone (especially in the iphone 4)
    -oftentimes cases can even damage the phone themselves (what I've been hearing about the bumper)

and most of all, I think of it like those cars with the "bra" on the just makes it look ridiculous. Just take good care of your device and you'll be just fine without a case.
  10. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2007
    Yorkshire, England
    Never had a case on my 2G, 3G or 3GS and a couple of weeks ago my house key cut through a seam in my wallet and put a small but deep scratch on my 4's screen!

Needless to say I took apples offer of a free case up, hopefully I can prevent any further scratches!
  11. Kinkade macrumors member

Jun 19, 2007
    I've gone naked with all my iPhones from the beginning. I have tried various cases from time to time but they never last more then a week. I just don't find them necessary.

Yes, the back of all my iPhones have gotten pretty scratched throughout their lives, and I am pretty careful. Even my iPhone 4 has an extremely tiny scratch on the back that is almost impossible to see. I don't cant.

The only reason to protect the iPhone is to keep it looking brand new, but since its always in a case you never get to enjoy how awesome it looks and feels.
  12. ant69 macrumors regular

Feb 2, 2009
    Mine is naked, my 3GS was naked and my 3G was naked too (didnt get the original) - i use a holster case on my belt, but its a beautifully styled phone i would have to spoil it by wrapping it in a case! - im just super careful with it.

13. chakraj macrumors 65816

Feb 6, 2008
    So Cal
    My iPhone 4 has a white bumper, but I am naked, does that count?
  14. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2010
    Can you explain what you mean by the bolded sentence? My brain fried when I looked at it.
  15. bibbz macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Thats funny, so do I. Every night right before bed, the last thing i do is wash my hands then use the moist hand towel to wipe any smudges and finger prints from my i4. Then i plug it into the charger and lay down.

Naked since day one, with 0 cosmetic blemishes. :D
  16. spillproof macrumors 68020

Jun 4, 2009
    That depends on your sex and gender.
  17. bibbz macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2010
    That sentence makes no sense.
  18. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

May 29, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I believe that was meant as a joke.
  19. jlake02 macrumors 68020

Nov 2, 2008
    I got it.. and laughed. :)
  20. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

Jun 23, 2010
    I was naked for the first few weeks but the OCD of wiping the fingerprints and worrying about scratches was taking over my life (OK maybe slight exaggeration :D)

So I got an SGP Oleophobic screen protector for the front and an SGP Ultra Matte for the back.

No more worrying about finger prints and scratches and the phone looks virtually naked. :)
  21. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Aug 13, 2008
    Kitchener, Ontario
    I have a case on right now, but once my invisibleShield comes in a few days I'll be putting one on just the back. Then I'll be rocking it naked with just the invisibleShield.

On the other hand though, I did order a couple iSkins for a dash of color from time to time.
  22. Jare macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2010
    I had a rocketfish case but it just made the iPhone look ugly. Now I rock my iP4 naked and have no issues.

I'll be buying a sleeve case from Sena like I did my 3GS that way it has some sort of protection in my pocket.
  23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nov 7, 2007
    New Sanfrakota
    Always have a dedicated pocket for it.

Well of course not. Just as someone wearing a bikini isn't naked.
  24. metropolitim macrumors member

Aug 29, 2007
    Stripping down as we speak

Got the screen because I was in the midst of heavy gardening - no way that the phone was going to stay clean even in my deepest pockets and using BT. As soon as planting was done, off came the screen.

I actually like cover a lot (the iFrogz) - very slender, and people definitely KNOW that it's an iPhone 4...but man o man, nothing feels quite as good as skin on phone.

Yep, we used protection until we got to know each other. Now it's all bare, all the time.

Phone sex. That's what I'm talking about.