Naked iPhone - Best Feel of All?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by turbineseaplane, Aug 3, 2015.

?

Which iPhone was the best all time in terms of "how it felt to hold it in your hand"

Poll closed Aug 24, 2015.
  1. iPhone Original

6.9%
  2. iPhone 3G/3GS

18.1%
  3. iPhone 4/4S

26.4%
  4. iPhone 5

8.3%
  5. iPhone 5C

2.8%
  6. iPhone 5S

15.3%
  7. iPhone 6

16.7%
  8. iPhone 6+

5.6%
  1. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I'm curious to hear what everyone felt the best iPhone has ever been in terms of "how it felt in your hand with no case".

NO other considerations - Just how it felt to hold it in your hand...

I separated out models that I feel had significant differences, but please let me know if you guys think the really old ones need to be broken out too...perhaps due to weight differences? (3/4 series)

2. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I would say the iPhone 3G and 5c felt best naked because of the plastic backing gives you more of a grip. The iPhone 6 is he most slippery.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Probably the iPhone 4 for me because of the weight and square edges. The iPhone 6 is too slippery without a case and considering I drop phones a lot, it's not worth the risk. Mine looks pristine out of its case and the case is battered.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The original iPhone was the best in the hand. Needed no case. Very durable, like a tank. I don't use a case on my 6+ but I wouldn't consider it anywhere near the best in the hand.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I loved the 3G series. That was when I started using mine sans case. I was really back and forth on the 4 series but eventually ended up dropping cases for good.

6. sartrekid macrumors 6502

The iPhone 3G was the most comfortable for me. It was also the sexiest phone of them all, imo. The design reminded me of a Porsche 911. I still have that phone, although the screen is dead.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Without question the 4/4s felt the best to me.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

6+ with Sedio Surface case is perfect for me. The naked 6 or 6+ is an accident waiting to happen. Way to slippery.

9. turbineseaplane thread starter macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I must say I'm surprised by the votes for anything in the 6 series.

To me, with no case, the 6 is one of the worst smartphones to hold in hand I've ever touched.

10. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

The 4/4S is the best by far, the glass back and the weighty feel just made it feel so premium.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I'm surprised too.

My iPhone 6 is like holding a wet bar of soap out of its case. I'd probably smash it within days if I didn't case it.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I will just say here as I have said in a few other threads. I use all my phones without cases. The iPhone 6+ I have now is far easier to grab if I start to drop it because there is a much bigger area to grab before it slips out of my hand. This has so far saved me from the five or six times in the last two months since getting it that I have almost dropped it. Unlike my iPhone 5 which I have managed to drop quite a few times, once on gravel.

That said, I do like the feel of the 6+ in my hand but I like the feel of my 5 better.

13. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

iPhone 5c or iPhone 4/4s.

The iPhone 6 feels awful.

14. GaryNoine macrumors member

GaryNoine

The 4S was great. Loved the glass feeling, it wasn't overly light. Perfect phone for its time

15. recoil80 macrumors 68000

iPhone 5
    I loved the design so much I used it without a cover and it felt great in my hands.
    With the iPhone 4 I occasionally had the antenna issue (only with a particular mobile operator) so I preferred to use a case, and due to the protruding camera I prefer to have a case on my iPhone 6

16. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The iPhone 3G followed by the iPhone 4.

I found the 5S a bit too sharp in the hand. The 6 plus makes me feel constantly nervous that I'm going to drop it. It's too slippery.

17. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

so true.

18. birnando macrumors regular

birnando

I've had every single one of them, and to me, they started at the top with the original and has gone downhill ever since.
    Grip wise that is.
    Built like a tank and with a real soild feel to it, and great grip to boot!

19. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I loved the 4/4S, felt very solid and loved the glass back. 5/5S is not far behind though.