iPhone 11 Pro Naked iPhone with AC+ not IUP

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I pretty much get a new iPhone every year, but I prefer to get AppleCare+ and trade/sell rather than use IUP.

In that situation, would you feel comfortable using your phone naked? I’ve never rocked a naked phone but I love the midnight green and don’t want to hide it. And clear cases are fingerprint magnets in my experience.

Thoughts?

Brettka7

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2011
I did this with my X and XS but moved to iPhone Upgrade for my 11 Pro. My X I kept for about 12 months, then traded it in for the XS and got a refund of $100 for the AppleCare+. My XS got a cracked display so I paid $200 for AppleCare+, $30 for the display, and at that point my choices were trade it in and lose the prorated $100 due to 1 incident or sell it to someone with the AppleCare+ to recoup costs. Now that I’m on iPhone upgrade program I just pay the monthly fee and don’t have to worry about prorated refunds or anything. Not much more expensive when you’re upgrading every year either way.

Mabus51

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
I pretty much get a new iPhone every year, but I prefer to get AppleCare+ and trade/sell rather than use IUP.

In that situation, would you feel comfortable using your phone naked? I’ve never rocked a naked phone but I love the midnight green and don’t want to hide it. And clear cases are fingerprint magnets in my experience.

Thoughts?
I used to always carry my iPhone naked with no AC+. That was until the dumb camera bump. If the camera bump doesn’t bother you, I say carry it naked if you aren’t accident prone.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Even though I have AC+ (purchase phone direct and not via iUP) I always use a clear case....

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I guess my only hesitation regarding the camera bump is if setting it down on its back will cause the camera to get scratched up over time...

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
If you like to trade/sell your phone you can still use iUP - just sell your phone then settle the loan with Barclays and start over

Reactions: Domino8282