Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slashjunior

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2007
I have it naked it all the time (the iPhone :p ). I have found it very durable, the glass on the front is fine and so is the black plastic back. No scratches at all. I keep my iPhone and nothing else in my right jeans pocket. Keys and loose change in the left, wallet in the back ;)

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I put a case on my iphone as soon as I got it. Thought it was gonna keep my iphone shiny and new. not. The stupid thing caused small scratches along the chrome and on the silvery Apple logo on the back.

Now I have it naked and its a much better. It goes in and out of my pocket easier and there are far *fewer* new scratches now that I DON'T use a case--plus it looks a lot nicer. If a case causes more scratches than using it naked, why use a case? The answer, for catastrophic drops--and that's a chance I'm willing to take for a greatly improved user experience.

slashjunior

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2007
I think more people should trust the iPhone. People automatically assume you need a case. If you don't chuck it around and make sure you don't throw it in a pocket full of change or keys then it is great. I have had tons of phones in the past and no matter how careful I am the stupid plastic screens always get scratched over time, but not with the iPhone. More phones should use glass. I have found the plastic back is quite gripy in your hand as well so I find it hard to drop the thing. It is in my pocket most the day anyway.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Whenever, I took my 3rd gen iPod out of it's silicon case, I appreciated it's design. Though the case was thin, it made my iPod feel bulkier.

So with my iPhone I went with Bodyguardz. I can still appreciate the design, but have some scratch protection. Also, it is slightly more grippy than going naked.

Bargsbeer

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Central FL
Im glad I posted this , I agree with you guys and Im going naked now!! Hate having a case and covering it up!!!

I have to agree,My 3G goes naked ,But my 1st Generation is always covered to protect the finish. The iPhone is a head turner I always have people asking me about it. I find the black plastic is very durable.

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Im glad I posted this , I agree with you guys and Im going naked now!! Hate having a case and covering it up!!!

While my iPhone 3G is naked and has always been...I did still put a screen protector on. After all at the end of the day, if there's scratches on the back or sides I can get over it but if something got on the screen it effects your use of the phone.

So I'd still recommend putting a screen protector on but other than that it's fine being naked :D

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
I used a case for about the first month of ownership... but the iPhone is way to sexy to keep in a case! It would be like marrying Natalie Portman and keeping her wrapped up in a parka all the time. It's just not right...

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
griffin clip at work, naked at home, hard shell for club, silicon for the bike.

each is best depending on what im doing :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.