iPhone XS Naked phone - how do you put it down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anthonymoody, Oct 29, 2018.

?

How do you put your naked phone down on flat surfaces?

1. Screen down

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Back/camera down

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. I don’t put it down on hard flat surfaces

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Pondering going caseless (in my case an XS Max) for the first time in a while. After a few days I find myself hesitating to put my phone down on tables, counters, etc because there seems to be no way that feels ok to me.

Screen down I worry about the screen. Back/camera down I worry about the camera.

How do you handle it?

2. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

3. Ifti macrumors 68020

Ifti

Why don't you use a clear super slim case? Like the Totallee ones?

4. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

I don't worry about those scratches that are inevitable from incidental contact with counters or desks or the cracked screen that will come from the first time I drop it on the pavement... caseless is definitely the way to go. I'd much rather admire the beauty of my phone than protect it from damage.

As long as I don't drop it... it will always be beautiful! That's how I roll.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Backside down. You'll get wear spots on the lower edge of the back but I wouldn't worry about the camera. I've never seen scratches or any other sort of damage to them on the phones I've used naked.

6. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

I actually have one coming from Amazon but am not sure if I’m going to use it.

I traded from an X in an apple leather case so am trying to cut down on bulk as much as possible in the trade to the Max.

7. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

I always put screen protector on then face down. I use a case if I’m hiking or other phone risky stuff.

8. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Avoid marble..
    Some of these reviewer.. placing ‘test’ phones face down literally on a marble slab.. and others on cement.. face down.