Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
BERLIN (Reuters) - A naked American tourist raised eyebrows when he went for a walk through a German city and told police he thought this was acceptable behavior in Germany.

"We have been having unusually hot weather here lately but, all the same, we can't have this," a spokesman for police in the southern city of Nuremberg said Tuesday. "The man said he thought walking around naked was tolerated in Germany."

Many Germans enjoy nude sunbathing which is allowed in public parks. The 41-year-old was carrying his clothes in a bag when police stopped him Monday evening after complaints from pedestrians.

The tourist was not under the influence of drugs, said police. They made him get dressed and pay a 200 euro ($269) deposit pending his investigation for indecent behavior.
yahoo

Walking around naked in Germany isn't tolerated? Who knew? lol

I can just imagine this guy online buying his plane ticket:
"Hmm, let see.. Germany..yeah.. You can walk around naked there!..I shouldn't have to pack much."

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
I saw plenty of topless women at the waterpark when I went last. No nude men. I wouldn't be surprised or even look twice if I saw it. I guess the street is a little bit different. But I don't know why.

I live next door to a hardees and love to give all the people in line for breakfast a good show everyday:D My house was there first and I prefer to do my yawning and stretching in front of my window to soak up some sun. Its not my fault they are there.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I saw plenty of topless women at the waterpark when I went last. No nude men. I wouldn't be surprised or even look twice if I saw it. I guess the street is a little bit different. But I don't know why.

I live next door to a hardees and love to give all the people in line for breakfast a good show everyday:D My house was there first and I prefer to do my yawning and stretching in front of my window to soak up some sun. Its not my fault they are there.

What's your address again? ;)

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006

They go to the Hardees and get Der Weinerschnitzel instead? :eek:

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
"Did you see him?"
"Ya, I did. Came runnin' outta the Frankenstube and ran right past me, wearin' nuthin' but a weinerschnitzel!"

Attachments

• stevens.gif
    stevens.gif
    29 KB · Views: 2,119

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Only five Hardee's locations in Huntsville... :p
If I enjoyed Hardees' food and/or seeing naked men I'd offer to do some surveillance. I know we can rule out the Drake Ave. location and probably the two Memorial Parkway locations as well. I'm guessing it's the Governors' Drive location.

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Well, I once felt in love with a girl from Germany, she was all pink ans stuff until she started to go over her sexual experieces and nudity...

I would take me about 4 lives to be close to where she was already. I mean, she was using clouthing for the winter basically. She has the greatest body for sure btw.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
What I want to know is what he said when he found out that he wasn't exactly supposed to be out wandering in the nude...

"Waddya mean I can't be naked? I thought that was all you Germans did, walk around naked and drive cars!"

American citizens at their finest, to be sure.

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
If I enjoyed Hardees' food and/or seeing naked men I'd offer to do some surveillance. I know we can rule out the Drake Ave. location and probably the two Memorial Parkway locations as well. I'm guessing it's the Governors' Drive location.

I'm not rich enough yet to get one of those big houses.

Looks like I have a stalker:eek: . Its ok, I am moving tomorrow. I am getting a uhaul and I could use all the help I can get. If you really want to know which hardies you are gonna have to help load the truck. Free beer, and you get to see almost every apple laptop ever made.

Its really good to see someone local here.

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
I walked around in Paris for a day in my boxers. Sure I got kicked out of the Louvre, but the police didnt care and the Asian tourists loved taking pictures with me.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I wasn't allowed into St. Peter's Basilica because I was wearing shorts. :rolleyes: But that's okay, there's an unsupported marble dome in Providence I can go see pretty much any time I want. It's also surrounded by Italians too, so I can feel like I'm in the middle of Rome. :D

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
I'm not rich enough yet to get one of those big houses.
Heh. I started to ask whether you were a doctor or a hippie, to help me decide between the Governors Drive and Five Points locations. ;)

shu82 said:
... I am moving tomorrow.
Ah, sorry I missed it. We were out of town this weekend. Hope the move went well!

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
Ding ding ding!
5-points

I consider myself more of a mad scientist than a hippy, but I can see the weekly war protests on Saturday from my back porch. Such cute stinky people.

The move went well but I am really sore. I had 1 guy come for about an hour(wuss!). Thank goodness for my old roommate who stayed with me through the whole event. I bought 3 meals for him, got him really drunk, and gave him an iMac G3.

But, it feels great to own a house. If anyone you know wants a great apartment in an old Victorian, let me know! It is the last residential property in 5 points proper. It is rare in this town to be able to stand on your porch and throw a ball and hit a pharmacy, 4 restaurants, coffee shop, bar, laundry, and a grocery store.

Also, you can mess with a lot of people from the comfort of your own home:D

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Time and a place for everything I suppose. At least he didn't start with the other thing Germans are famous for :D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^^And if he did, he should at least bring toilet paper.....

What I want to know is what he said when he found out that he wasn't exactly supposed to be out wandering in the nude...

"Waddya mean I can't be naked? I thought that was all you Germans did, walk around naked and drive cars!"

What did he think when he didn't see anyone else walking around nekkid? :confused:

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Perhaps in the Netherlands :D

I remember that Dutch immigration video showing the topless woman and the two gay men kissing. The idea was to get migrants to have a 'preview' of Dutch liberalism.;)

Morris

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
London, Europe
Some Americans once asked me whether there were topless beaches where I lived. When I told them all beaches are topless and that nude beaches are just certain designated areas but not separated from regular beaches they looked as if I had just told them I could fly. :eek:

Maybe this guy was one of them and just got a little carried away.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Some Americans once asked me whether there were topless beaches where I lived. When I told them all beaches are topless and that nude beaches are just certain designated areas but not separated from regular beaches they looked as if I had just told them I could fly. :eek:

Maybe this guy was one of them and just got a little carried away.

Hence, The Mayflower...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.