iPhone Name not showing up on LockScreen?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by HotIce, Oct 7, 2014.

1. HotIce macrumors regular

Hello Everyone! Fist post here, and unfortunately, it's not under the best circumstances. Apart from the battery draining rapidly, apps crashing, and phone locking up constantly, I have a major gripe.

Ever since I updated to iOS 8.0.2, when my phone is locked and someone texts me or when calls me and I miss it, their phone number is displayed instead of their name. Once I go into the Messages App or click to see who's call I missed, it lists their name. I have them added to my contacts already, but it still shows their number instead of their name. Anyone else having this issue? Any kind of help is greatly appreciated!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I recommend a restore to 8.0.2 using iTunes if you used upgrade option for 8.0.2

Restores can make all the difference for battery life and to correct problems.

Be sure and do an iTunes or iCloud backup before the restore, then use the iTunes or iCloud restore to reinstall your content.

3. HotIce thread starter macrumors regular

I did, but I'll give it another shot. Do I set-up the device as new or should I restore from back-up?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Set up as new is the best, but more work.
    If you want your content back, a restore from backup will do it.