Name of "futuristic" generic green //e monitor with no bezel?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by IIeBoy, Dec 21, 2014.

1. IIeBoy, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014

IIeBoy macrumors member

IIeBoy

Can anyone help me track down the make and model of the green or amber composite monitor my parents had for our family Apple //e. I can't find any sign of it on eBay or Google Images (but lots of photos of Amber Heard which is quite distracting), yet my memory is distinct...

- It wasn't Apple branded I think
    - It had little or no visible bezel (plastic frame) around the screen
    - Quite rounded, not a square looking monitor
    - Just sheer shiny perspex from edge to edge, but this was tinted dark to hide what must've been a normal thickness bezel
    - That front perspex was curved, almost like you were looking at the front of a cathode ray tube out of its housing
    - The case sides and top were more standard
    - I think it had a pivoting stand below, that would slide-rock back and forth, changing the angle but also tucking the front base backward as it rocked
    - Overall quite 70s "futuristic" looking
    - Sold in the UK at least, around 1980

Resembled the Indesit T12 B&W TV in shape, but with the aforementioned stand, green screen, beige case, and rounding down to more of a pinch at the back rather than the boxy shape:
    [​IMG]

Thank you!!

2. MacTech68, Dec 22, 2014

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

3. IIeBoy thread starter macrumors member

IIeBoy

Damn, that's not it. Unlike that one, you couldn't see the edges of the frame through the glass. Also there were no buttons on the front that I recall. It was also less square overall, and more CRT shaped. Thanks for the idea though!

4. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

There's another one my school had a few of. The controls were on the top. There were 3 rotary controls. Power, Brightness and contrast. They were a bit smaller case than the Sanyo and we had green & amber versions. Sadly, their name eludes me.

5. IIeBoy thread starter macrumors member

IIeBoy

Yikes. It's possible. I wish I could remember where the controls were. I'm hopeful someone here will have an idea. Thank you!

6. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I can't find a great picture but the one with the three controls on the top might have been a 12" Taxan KG-12NUY monitor.

Attached Files:

7. IIeBoy, Dec 22, 2014

IIeBoy thread starter macrumors member

IIeBoy

Really appreciate that, but alas not the one. It was more "squircle" shaped (rounded rectangle), where those are quite square and blocky.

Somewhere between your pictures and this one, but green screen and had the stand I described:

[​IMG]

8. IIeBoy thread starter macrumors member

IIeBoy

Bump in hope someone new recognizes my description.

9. IIeBoy thread starter macrumors member

IIeBoy

Here's a rough drawing of what I'm looking for, from 35 year old memories. [​IMG]

10. IIeBoy thread starter macrumors member

IIeBoy