Name of this piano/keyboard

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by paolo-, Mar 31, 2010.

  1. paolo- macrumors 6502a

    Aug 24, 2008
    I recently visited my friend's gf place and they had this really weird keyboard I'm looking to find what it is.

    It had 88 keys (maybe 72 or something don't remember if it started on a C but it had a fullsize keyboard). I'd date it from around the seventies. It's marked baldwin. The cabinet is made out of wood, has the keyboard at a standard piano height and is only a foot deeper than the keyboard and the whole thing is only as high as the keyboard, kind of like a Rhodes. Under the keyboard there was what appeared to be a speaker grill. It had a switch on the front indicating speaker or headphone and obviously a headphone jack and it plugs straight into the wall. It wasn't plugged in when I was there but I played it and it made an audible sound, it wasn't loud but sounded pretty much like a piano.

    She's moving soon and told me they never used it and got it handed down. I'm guessing I could probably get free or for a fair price. A couple of keys got stuck and I have no idea what shape the electronics (or should I just say electricals) are but it could be a nice project.

    Any ideas what this is called ?
  2. Arrandale macrumors regular

    Feb 24, 2010
    need a picture
  3. hakukani macrumors regular

    Feb 9, 2008
    According to this site, Baldwin made an 'electropro' and 'electropiano' back in the 70s. It was struck string, with piezo pickups.

    edit: Does it look like this?
  4. paolo- thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Aug 24, 2008
    Wow yeah, that's pretty much it. Probably just a different model, the wood is darker and the controls are under the keyboard.

    Are they really worth that much? I'll keep you posted if I can get it!

Share This Page