Name of this tune?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sammich, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

It seems like popular tune this one, but I can't find out what it's called. I first heard it on Top Gear at the end of the episode where they went to the USA (in the scene where they are reminiscing), next I heard it on some trailer for '11th Hour', and just then, I heard it at the end of the trailer for 'The Brave One' (Trailer 1, I believe, it was the HD version).

Okay, if I can figure out a good place to upload an audio snippet I would.

Thanks for help people.

2. Queso macrumors G4

That Top Gear episode is posted on YouTube if you can find it there and post a URL :)

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I went to apples trailer page and found the one you where talking about, The brave one at the bottom there there is an iTunes store link to the soundtrack. And there hopefully you'll find the track.

4. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Are you going to share which song it was from the soundtrack?

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Who me??

I didn't actually follow the link as i can't be bothered to change my iTunes store while i'm downloading podcasts. It may not even be on there, i didn't even watch the trailer so i wouldn't know.

6. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Oh, sorry. I meant the OP. Shoulda quoted...

7. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Believe it or not, the songs that they use in the trailers aren't necessarily part of the album. In reality, they're just "filler music".

If I find it, I'll let you know.

Prof. :apple:

8. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

Sorry guys, I was away from the internet for a while today. I haven't figured it out yet, but when I do (or if any of you) figure it out, it will be posted here.

I'm not sure it's on the soundtrack, I did follow the link but I tried all of the previews but none were it. It does sound like the same persons work though.

Well, I uploaded a small snippet onto youtube. Like it says there, it is loudest at 22 seconds into the clip.

EDIT: doh! added the link. thanks dynamicv

9. Queso macrumors G4

sammich, mate. It would help if you posted a link to your YouTube snippet :D

10. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

This might help alot of you guys. You play the song and it analyzes the waveform.

11. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Darn this is so irritating. I know it.

It's like Sigur Rós or Múm or something. Possibly some later Explosions in the Sky, but I've had a flick through my collection and just can't remember exactly what it is...

12. Queso macrumors G4

13. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I thought I had subscribed to this thread. But that's exactly the song.

Finally I have a name with that tune. But how often has anyone ever heard a great tune like that somewhere, loved it, but it sounds just ordinary without the accompanying video?

Anyway, if anyone is still around this thread, why is the preview for this song in iTunes so poor? Is it indicative of the quality when you actually buy the whole song?