Name that 3D photo app!?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Sdashiki, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

If you recall the days of Infini-D, Kai's Power Goo and the world of 3D on the mac during the 90s...

Do you also recall a short lived program (i swear it was called Camino, but the browser has overshadowed this on any search engine) which allowed you to take a photo of a building (or similar simple geometric objects), import it and then using pins on bounding 3D boxes, you could create a 3D object which used the photo to wrap textures. Find the corners of the building, add a pin, and it intuitively created a model for you.

Done with enough precision, it was damn good.

I cant remember the name of this app, or why something so simple doesnt exist over a decade later. :rolleyes:

2. chedda macrumors 6502

Realviz ?

I remember something similar made by realviz however this has been swallowed up by the tyrant autodesk. It's name may have been changed or simply discontinued.

Edit

I actually found the new version HERE!

3. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

That my friend would be Canoma, from the people that brought you Ray Dream 3D. I used to have it. Never made it to OSX, so I sold it.
    It was pretty buggy.

4. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Dammit.

CANOMA!

Not camino!

Thank you!

I did have this on my old G4, it worked nicely. I was pissed when Carrara came out and dropped its functionality and support.