Name the Houston Zoo's newest elephant!

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
I'm sitting at my PowerBook with the news on in the background... I hear them say that there's a new baby elephant and the Houston Zoo needs help picking names.
One of them is Mac! Yeah, they say it's like the truck, but I think they really mean like the computer. Silly zoo! :rolleyes::)

So, click to vote. You don't need to fill out any of that name and address stuff. I'm not sure how many times a day you can vote, but go nuts! :)

If "Mac" wins, I'll go to the Zoo and take a picture with the new elephant in the frame somewhere. I'll also write a pro-MacRumors song and dance and perform it at the zoo in a fancy-dancy MacRumors shirt.

Hooray for Elephants and online name voting! :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Done.

If "Mac" wins, we should adopt him...we can have a section of the site devoted to Mac News and Rumors.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
spicyapple said:
Katie, make this a poll?

Janu is my pick. :)
You seem to be missing the point...there's no poll to be offered. The idea is that we all vote for "Mac." If you don't like it, feel free to head over to JanuRumors.com and hang out there. :p ;)

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
If "Mac" wins, I'll go to the Zoo and take a picture with the new elephant in the frame somewhere. I'll also write a pro-MacRumors song and dance and perform it at the zoo in a fancy-dancy MacRumors shirt.
Cool! I just voted :)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
...If "Mac" wins, I'll go to the Zoo and take a picture with the new elephant in the frame somewhere. I'll also write a pro-MacRumors song and dance and perform it at the zoo in a fancy-dancy MacRumors shirt....
I'll do my famous elephant impression;)

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Neato! Thanks y'all!

Keep the votes comin'... It'll be announced on november 10th.

I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat.

The elephant can replace Justin Long I'm a Mac/I'm a PC ads. :)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I voted Mac (wonder why), but think maybe MassiveWang should have been an obvious choice. They do seem to go on and on about how 'big' he is. :rolleyes:

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
stuartluff said:
Done. Can I have a Milkyway now mother?
no candy before dinner. :mad:

yellow said:
I voted Mac (wonder why), but think maybe MassiveWang should have been an obvious choice. They do seem to go on and on about how 'big' he is. :rolleyes:
Call the zoo and ask. You have a valid point.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Neato! Thanks y'all!

Keep the votes comin'... It'll be announced on november 10th.

I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat.

The elephant can replace Justin Long I'm a Mac/I'm a PC ads.
That's near my b-day!:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.