Naming discussions banned

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by d0vr, May 9, 2012.

1. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Id like to suggest that discussions about the name of the next generation of iDevice be banned from discussions not specifically related to naming conventions.

It's getting frustrating seeing one person mention the next gen device by a particular name and then the next 20 (possibly exagerated in some instances) posts be arguing about its actual name. I and many others, read the threads for discussion relating to the OP.

Let's just pick a generic naming convention, such as iPhone (6), where the brackets indicate generation only and stick with it as a community. Of course you could refer to previous devices by their Apple given name (iPhone 4S etc.), but future devices should still to one naming convention an end discussion.

Unless you're in a thread dedicated to future names of course! :) I mean rumors are what we are here for!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The cost/benefit ratio for this proposal is exceedingly in favor of the costs.

3. iamjose macrumors regular

Yeah... this request seems oddly ridiculous. Who really cares that much? Get over it.

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

There's a lot worse things in life to worry about.

5. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Well if the discussion isn't related to the thread, they should be getting cleaned up by mods, but there are thousands of comments a day, they can't get them all.