Nanny Cam

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jota73, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

Guys,

I have searched over the web and found this kit 2.4Ghz Kit and was wondering if it is possible to connect the reciever to my iMac, keep in mind that the connector is Video input (the yellow conector)....

I appreciate if someone can help me out.

I need the following:

1. Connecting the reciever to my iMac
    2. Record video into my mac (what software do I need) are there any free SW? (I have a 1TB Lacie HD)
    3. Stream over the web so that I can check from my office (what requirements do I need?)

Please advise

Thanks
    Juan :confused: :apple:

2. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

why wouldn't a regular old webcam (wired or wireless) suffice? If the issue is that it needs to be wireless and "secure" I can point out some links to do just that.

3. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

well, the thing is that I really this to be wireless and preferable a pinhole camera... why are there any other suggestions or ways to do this instead?

4. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

5. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

Those will get the video into your mac. You'll need to serve the video (and this really should be secure even if you somehow feel safe with the 2.4gHz signal from the cam NOT being secure - O'Reilly has a page on using SSH for secure wireless 2.4gHz transmissions) out to the interwebs to view remotely. Again, google should be able to offer many solutions.

6. mdzarate macrumors newbie

I am using a macbook pro with spy cam

Just in case you or someone else needs this information. I bought my spy cam from www.my-spycam.com, it is a mini wireless, you can search that site to find it. anyways, I have a macbook pro and could not make it to work, so I installed windows xp and now it works 100%.

I am not sure if you can install xp on a iMac but I am sure you can find a driver for it, may be the guys at that site can help you.

By the way, my macbook get hot like hell! I hope is not the XP that is making it work hot.