Nano 5G or Touch 8gb? Advice appreciated.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thermal, Sep 18, 2009.

1. thermal macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I currently own a second generation ipod Nano. Its 2gb has been full for a while and I'm ready to upgrade.

I'm stuck between the new 8gb iPod Nano vs the 3G iPod Touch (8gb as well).

I like the small size of the Nano and its FM radio (which will get a lot of use in the gym). I like the wifi & the app store with the Touch.

My primary uses have been listening to music in the car (almost daily), and occasional jogging/gym use (a couple times a month).

Any advice is appreciated.

2. bjh1414 macrumors member

I too had an ipod touch, and i went out and got the iPod Nano 5G.

two words: AMAZING!!!!!!!!

lol, i mean seriously its cheaper, and for what you doing its PERFECT!!! I LOVE the camera, the Radio ROCKS!!!!!!!! i mean, the ipod touch is great for gaming, and i miss it a bit, but the ipod nano is cheaper, smaller, and just cooler, they really outdid themselves this time on the nano. GET IT

3. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Well, think a bit more.
    Will you ever be sitting anywhere, and just want to play an interactive touch game, or can you setting for using the click wheel + accelerometer? Do you mind extra bulk? Do you go anywhere that people would want to steal your stuff?

If you only use it for exercising and listening to music while you're driving, the go for the Nano. Small, portable, and colourful. But if you may have more usages (PDA-type thing) you may want to consider the Touch.

4. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

i have a touch 1g and a nano 4g and i would buy the touch because i need it for internet but for what you listed i would get the new nano its sick!!!!!!!!!

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I think you get more bang for your buck with the Touch'es since you can do a lot more with it.

6. MegaDell macrumors member

Touch. Get a refurbished 8 GB Touch if you want. Way more functionality, way more use, far better, far more advanced. Touch hands down.