Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I listen to audiobooks. Is there any way to get book chapters to play sequentially on the 6G? No matter in what order I load them onto my Nano, they play in reverse. As a result, I can't listen to more than one chapter w/o having to stop and select the next. This isn't that bad with long chapters, but with short chapters it's a constant pain especially when driving.

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
I renamed the chapters by putting a numeral in front of each chapter name, then made a playlist, sort on name.

DrBubba

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
Playing Audiobook Chapters In Order

What kind of audiobook are you using .... audible.com, iTunes download or an audiobook you've created by ripping a CD? My experience suggests that audiobooks from audible.com, iTunes and those "built" using Audiobook Builder typically consist of a single large file containing multiple chapters. If you start listening at the beginning the chapters all play sequentially.

If you're ripping audiobook CDs like I do, using Audiobook Builder will allow you to organize the chapters in their correct order before you "build" the audiobook file. When you listen to the audiobook all chapters play in sequential order unless you go back and forth among the chapters.

Hope that helped.

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Thanks.

I was using an mp3 format from a free book site. In itunes showed up as a podcast. I changed the media type and now that it's in the audiobook library, it seems to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.